Saturday, August 06, 2005

It Starts With An Idea

On Writing....

People arrive at ideas for stories in many different ways. Sometimes it starts with an event or maybe it's a great character, however you arrive at it the most important thing is a good idea or premise. I would have to say that my story idea started first with character and then once I thought through the character then I started working on situations I could put the character in and then how would the character I created react and behave in those situations.

The Story....

The story is a murder mystery set in a small town. What sets it apart are the characters. The story opens with one of the local deputies being dispatched to the scene of a murder. A murder in the small town in and of itself is a pretty big deal, but it's the connection between the victim and the cop that turns the town upside down.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger The Accidental Housekeeper said...

Intriguing. I have thought about the treatment you wrote a while back and wondered where you went with it.

This seems a pretty good place to begin.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger JoanneMarie Faust said...

Good concept. Good luck with the film!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home