Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Excuse #1....

....of many to follow I'm sure. Where does the time go?

I must confess I haven't been working on this since my last post. Therefore, I have no new information to share. I'm hoping to get back on track and have a post ready to go in the next couple of days.

Okay, I'll fess up. In all honesty I probably did have the time but just told myself I didn't. I'm having a hard time committing anything to paper. Ideas and storylines and sometimes entire scenes rattle around in my head. I just can't seem to get them on paper. The problem, I am pretty sure, is that I want it to be perfect. I have to realize the first draft is NOT going to be perfect. One of my instructors last quarter said, "The most important part of writing is re-writing." Ah...if only I could get that through my stubborn, scared, nervous head!

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger The Accidental Housekeeper said...

"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."--unknown

Just write!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home